BIND9 and probleme receiving pop emails

stephane lepain penguindeb at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 10:53:35 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

I have just installed a local DNS Server. Everything works fine but
now I cannot receive pop mail anymore from my ISP. I guessed that was
due to my DNS server but I cannot fixe the problem. I have enclosed
below my DNS configuration files. The only I have done is a forwarder
as I have attached to my network a router. I did try a forwarder with
my ISP's DNS but that didnt work at all.
Any help I could get here is very much appreciated because I am really
stuck. Finally, I have another email account that works fine on the
same network. That account is not from my ISP but it is a Mac.com
account. It is a pop mail account but to get my emails, i use
mail.mac.com and not pop.mac.com. Is it why that one is working and
not the one from my isps which uses pop.orange.fr ?? Plus, my google
account which uses pop.google.com doesn't work anymore as well.

Again, thank you all for your help

Here is my db.macitos.fr file

$TTL 604801
@ IN SOA margoullat.macitos.fr. leonidas.margoullat.fr (
20041122 ;
604800 ; Refresh
86400 ; Retry
2419200 ; Expire
604800 ) ; Minimum

NS margoullat.macitos.fr ; Name of server
margoullat A 192.168.1.7 ; IP address of the name server
margoullat HINFO "AMD64 " "Debian etch" ;

iguane A 192.168.1.8
margoullat A 192.168.1.6
margoullat A 192.168.1.7
zongo A 192.168.1.5