Problem with powerdns(master) -> bind(slave)

Peter Dambier peter at peter-dambier.de
Mon Jan 21 19:20:48 UTC 2008

Just for curiousity - or maybe related?

I did create a zone file all capital letters. On bind? Probably not.

I could "dig axfr" but bind 9.4.2 complained:

zone ALLCAPS/IN: refresh: unexpected rcode (REFUSED) from master ...

After deleting and recreating with only lowercase letters it worked
without problems.

It did not make a difference whether I digged or slaved with caps
or lowercase but the CAPS in the zone did make a difference.

Kind regards
Peter

--
Peter and Karin Dambier