turning on recursion in bind 9.2.2 makes ssh login prompt slow

r37ribution at gmail.com r37ribution at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 18:10:16 UTC 2008

Ok, I changed my named.conf "." zone to the following:
zone "." {
  type master;
  file "db.root";
  allow-transfer { any; };
};
and each slave has:
zone "." {
  type slave;
  file "bak.db.root";
  masters { 168.84.1.194; };
  allow-notify { any; };
};
The zone for "." looks like this:
$TTL 3h
@       IN      SOA     @ root (
                        2008011801      ;serial YYYYMMDD##
                        3h              ;refresh after 3 hours
                        1h              ;retry after 1 hour
                        1w              ;expire after 1 week
                        1d )            ;negative caching TTL of 1 day
@       IN      NS      @
        IN      A       168.84.1.194
        IN      A       168.84.1.195
        IN      A       168.84.1.196
        IN      A       168.84.1.197
        IN      A       168.84.1.198
Everything loaded ok and DNS seems to be working. I'd still like a
2nd opinion of how I wrote the config/zone file? Thanks again for everyone's
help I really appreciate this.