turning on recursion in bind 9.2.2 makes ssh login prompt slow

r37ribution at gmail.com r37ribution at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 17:53:54 UTC 2008

Your correct, the initial configuration was with recursion disabled because
it was not needed.
The reason I need recursion enabled is because we are adding a sub-zone to
the primary dns server's zone file for an Isilon node array with 6 GbE
ports, I needed round-robining enabled so that each FTP connection using the
DNS name of the array will round robin the 6 GbE ports. Isilon requires that
they manage the round-robining which is why I couldn't just put 6 different
IPs with the same host name in my zone file. This is a Comcast VOD
system and the array is an archive used for MPEG2 content ingestion so we
need all the BW we can get. Prior to the DNS reconfiguration we were only
using 1 of the GbE ports and it was maxing it out, this should speed up
ingestion tremendously.