named executables not found in my box ;(Copied it from another machine)ut few Questions :

netcat netcat at devnull.eridani.eol.ee
Tue Feb 19 09:54:46 UTC 2008

In article <fpbem5$1gjg$1 at sf1.isc.org>, kkchn.gw at gmail.com says...
> People:   please excuse me , but I tried another attempt to fix the issue
>
> (I have installed the OS from the ISO image from which I installed
> another box there named is running fine , but unfortunately in this
> box its not running ), I can't trace it what went wrong ?

I think what you did is not select bind during the initial install like
you obviously did with the other box. FreeBSD gives you the option to
install system named, sendmail etc during installation. If you did not,
you can install everything you wish from the ports system. No need to
copy anything over from other machines. It may work but it's not a sane
way to do it.

rgds,
netcat