Slave DNS Server: what the significance of sh make-localhost ?

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Tue Feb 19 04:48:12 UTC 2008

kkchn sms wrote:
> Peopel ;
>   I am setting up a Slave DNS server for my DNS server :
>
> Question 1:
>
> is it needed to run     sh makeloaclhost    , if I am setting up a slave DNS
> server ?
>

> 2  I have a basic doubt  :
>
> Whats the significance of  sh make-localhost  : both in Primary DNS and
> slave DNS  servers ?

I doubt that make-localhost creates slave-zone definitions, but I
suppose it's possible. It would have to have some way of determining
what masters to use though. Command-line option, perhaps?

Maybe someone on the list who has access to a FreeBSD machine could take
a peek at make-localhost and see what its capabilities are.

               - Kevin