max-cache-size doesn't work with 9.5.0b1

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Mon Feb 18 04:08:38 UTC 2008

On 2/13/08, Attila Nagy <bra at fsn.hu> wrote:
> On 02/06/08 04:57, JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
> > If the
> > memory hog is inside named, there should be significant growth in some
> > of the rows accordingly.
> >
> Here are the results:
> http://people.fsn.hu/~bra/freebsd/bind950-memory-20080212/
> and at the end, the relevant line from top.
>
> Is this FreeBSD leaking then?

Hi,

Are there any progress regarding this matter?
I'm experiencing the same problem under RHEL5/ppc, bind 9.5.0b1, 64bit
binary, so it's not FreeBSD-specific problem.
Max-cache-size is 1G, and yet memory usage (RES) is at 5.5 GB and growing.
Similar thing happens with 32bit binary, with the difference that it
dies once memory usage is over 4G.

Regards,

Fajar