SPAM-LOW: Re: Named.conf dup remover script

Sam M sam.m at servwise.com
Sun Feb 17 08:23:37 UTC 2008

Not to worry I got a work-around myself. Basically my Hosting Control panel
was leaving the domain record in the slave named.conf file whenever a domain
was removed, so if you added the same domain again it would create a
duplicate but only in the slave file (Named didn’t like this at all). I've
now ditched the auto-creation of the slave file in favour of a dynamic
system that just reads all the primary domain zone files and creates a slave
named file on the fly for use on the slave servers.

Regards
Sam M
ServWise Advanced Hosting
www.servwise.com

★★ Standard and Reseller hosting on Windows (DotNetPanel) and Linux
(cPanel).
★★ LOW LOW cost Domain Names  & 128bit SSL Certificates (SBS, RapidSSL,
GeoTrust)