Why no function to automatically add new zones to slave servers?

Jeff Lightner jlightner at water.com
Wed Feb 13 13:47:01 UTC 2008

If it is really a slave server the only thing you should have to modify
is your named.conf on the slave.   It is the named.conf that tells it
what to transfer from the master.   Typically what I do is add the zone
to the master and update its named.conf then bounce named there.  I then
add the appropriate transfer entry to named.conf on the slave and bounce
named there.   On restart of named on the slave it should transfer the
zone file from the master to the slave.

The security is setup in named.conf on each side to determine what
should be allowed to transfer zone files.