NOTIFY and Zone Reload.

Niall O'Reilly Niall.oReilly at ucd.ie
Wed Feb 13 10:14:03 UTC 2008

On 12 Feb 2008, at 17:23, vincent.blondel at ing.be wrote:

> So in conclusion, it seems the NOTIFY just reload the memory space
> corresponding to the view where the NOTIFY packet comes from.

	Absolutely.  Otherwise there would be leakage between views.

	I agree with Jeff Reasoner's suggestions, and would add a few
	words.  You should keep in mind that a view is essentially a
	distinct name server running in the same process.  Consequently,
	distinct zone update trees are involved -- as many as you have
	views.  The trick is, to expose the identity of each "virtual
	nameserver" by means either of TSIG or of a distinct IP address.

	/Niall