BIND9 daemon is appending installed path while searching named.conf

Lalatendu Das lalatdas at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 17:37:29 UTC 2008

> I'm a bit confused. Why are you setting --prefix at all if you want to
> override everything that it changes?

 I don't know much about configuration stuffs. But as far as I know I
need the --prefix=<path1>
to tell the command "make install"  to store the generated binaries
libraries and .h and man pages etc....
at my specified path in the machine where the compilation happened.

But I don't want daemon to search the named.conf from the <path1>/etc/
named.conf  path.

Hope I have answered your concerns

> [..]
>

> Not without specifying a localstatedir that you have write access to.
>
> You still need to have appropriate permissions to write into system
> directories.

Ok then I might have to see the configure or other makefiles to make
neccessary changes so that it will not try to write something to /var
like creating /var/run directory at the time of installation at least.
So that when I will use the binaries and other component in target
machine it will work fine where in I have root privileages.
This is what I can thnk of.

thanks
Das