Specifying a view for dig?

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Fri Feb 8 12:32:28 UTC 2008

On Thursday 07 February 2008 22:09:41 Mark Andrews wrote:
> > 	Use -b and / or -y to match the appropriate view selection rules.
>
> 	Also -k

All of those control dig to work with existing interfaces and keys.

Consider a master server on an Internal net and slaves on external.  While
working from the internal net I want to be able to query the external view
that all of the servers hold.  -b, requiring a valid IP, will return the
internal on the master and the external on the slaves.  -y and -k won't alter
that.

is unknown to server'

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon