Forwarding problem; Forward Last?

Gabriel.Quennesson at fr.michelin.com Gabriel.Quennesson at fr.michelin.com
Fri Feb 8 09:48:28 UTC 2008

You are right, I didn't apply it to the zone you specified;
I first disabled forwarding in the ad.sub.company.com zone by setting
forwarders to an empty list, which did not work.
I then did the same with the sub.company.com zone, as you specified. I
can't get it to work neither...

As for made up names, there are rather strong confidentiality issues with
my company. Let me put here a translation of my configurations files :

/* named.conf */

forwarders { 10.0.0.1; 10.0.0.2; };

zone sub.company.com {
        type master;
        forwarders { }; #because you asked it
        file "master/myzonefile";
};

# note that the ad.sub.company.com isn't defined as such. I defined it to
put the empty forwarder list when I read your above mail.

/* myzonefile */
/* skipping SOA block */

ad.sub.company.com.     IN NS   ns1.ad.sub.company.com.
ns1.ad.sub.company.com. IN A 192.168.0.1

This setup seems, as far as literature goes, a state of the art setup for
delegation of a zone.
And btw yes I am probably "not applying [something] correctly". I have
read through many mailing list, docs, books and couldn't find an answer,
hence why I am posting her.

Mark_Andrews at isc.org