Sizing a server

Jonathan Petersson jpetersson at garnser.se
Fri Feb 8 02:04:07 UTC 2008

I would say that your load isn't terribly high, any new server would
probably do the trick. I'm not sure how the SMP support is handled in
BIND but overall 1 core is good enough.

(At work we've an old P3 700MHz 128MB RAM serving 2000+ queries/second
and we've never had any issues with that not being enough)