Forwarding problem; Forward Last?

Gabriel.Quennesson at fr.michelin.com Gabriel.Quennesson at fr.michelin.com
Thu Feb 7 16:02:14 UTC 2008

I was pretty sure I tested that, but I double checked anyway.
It doesn't work; Or at least, it forces me to define the zone as a slave
(or forward only) zone in named.conf, wich is not the solution I
envisioned.
I just want to define a NS record and the corresponding A record for
delegation, wich works well as long as I can't forward to my main
forwarders.

bind-users-bounce at isc.org wrote on 07/02/2008 14:09:38:

> > Hi,
> > (needless to say I have been looking for the answer for days before
> > posting here).
> >
> > I am in the process of replacing Novell Netware's repackaged Bind by a

> > standard Linux Bind build.
> > My setup is quite simple :
> >
> > Bind is authoritative for sub.company.com. It uses 2 company.com
> > forwarders (which doesn't know anything about our zone and/or network
> > apart from a couple A records it holds for external sub.company.com
> > access. That's stupid but that's how they do.)
> > There is an active directory, which is named -you guessed it allready-

> > ad.sub.company.com. Bind is not a slave for that zone, it just holds a
NS
> > and it's glue record, as follow
> > ad      NS      ns.ad.sub.company.com.
> > ns.ad.sub.company.com.  A       192.168.0.1
> >
> > My problem is the following: when my forwarders are down or undefined
and
> > I query Bind for a record in ad.company.com, it asks
ns.ad.sub.company.com