also-notify

Evan Hunt Evan_Hunt at isc.org
Thu Feb 7 06:11:46 UTC 2008

Conceptually, that wouldn't make sense.  "also-notify" is a list of
addresses to which NOTIFY messages should be sent; an ACL is a test that
a given query can either pass or fail--you can't really mix them up.
(What would "also-notify { any; };" do?)

I think I see what you're asking--can we make it so a named ACL, containing
only IP addresses, could be referenced within an also-notify statement as a
shorthand for the address list, e.g.:

        acl iplist { 192.168.100.1; 192.168.100.2; };
                [...]
        notify explicit;
        also-notify { iplist; };

It would be possible to do that, but it strikes me as a serious misuse of
the "acl" syntax.   I wouldn't expect it.

Evan Hunt -- evan_hunt at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.