Transfer Source question.

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Wed Feb 6 23:55:33 UTC 2008

1446.   [func]          Implemented undocumented alternate transfer sources
                        from BIND 8.  See use-alt-transfer-source,
                        alt-transfer-source and alt-transfer-source-v6.

                        SECURITY: use-alt-transfer-source is ENABLED unless
                        you are using views.  This may cause a security risk
                        resulting in accidental disclosure of wrong zone
                        content if the master supplying different source
                        content based on IP address.  If you are not certain
                        ISC recommends setting use-alt-transfer-source no;

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org