bind-9.5.0b1 problem on ppc64 : rbtdb.c:1532: REQUIRE(prev > 0) failed

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Wed Feb 6 08:09:58 UTC 2008

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:
> We've heard that it only scales up to 4
> cores in some experimental environment.  I guess you should also be
> fine with up to 4 CPUs, but I'm not 100% sure.
You are correct. Going from 2 -> 4 CPU gives about 50% improvement,
while going from 4->8 gives insignificant improvement. Tested with
queries from a live server's query log, bind 9.5 ppc, with SRPM from RH
BZ#426613.
We'll stick with 2 or 4 CPUs.

BTW, is 6000 qps a good thing for a caching name server?

Regards,

Fajar