Basic setup question for a master / slave setup with views...

Jim Bucks jbucks at coloradostudios.com
Tue Feb 5 15:09:10 UTC 2008

Barry Margolin wrote:
> In article <fo8kfc$163p$1 at sf1.isc.org>,
>  Jim Bucks <jbucks at coloradostudios.com> wrote:
>
>> Sorry, I really have been trying to resolve this on my own.  I greatly
>> reduced the number of zones this afternoon in a failed attempt to try
>> and get this working.  I also got rid of the acl entries (using hard
>> coded IP addresses for now).
>
> It looks to me like your master's IP is 67.134.161.162 and the slave is
> 67.134.161.163.  The master's internal view matches on localnets, so
> anything with a 67.134.161.x address will match this (I'm assuming
> you're using a /24 network mask, but these two adjacent IPs will be in
> the same subnet no matter what mask you use).
>
> So you either have to change the source IP that the slave uses when
> pulling zone transfers, or change your match-clients ACL to filter out
> this IP.
>
>> I'm still getting the same results as I reported earlier.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Jim

SMACK!!!!!  (sound of palm against forehead)

The stripped down test just worked for both the internal and external views.

ok, the root cause (besides me being a doofus) was me forgetting to
activate my other NIC's.  I also (for now) got rid of the acl names and
am using the explicit IP addresses for the master & slave (internal and
external views) server identifiers.

Barry, Kevin, Mark, Chris (& others) - THANK YOU!

I'm sorry for being a time waster (and I'll try to get some more sleep).

Jim

--
Jim Bucks - Central IT Support  www.coloradostudios.com
2400 N. Ulster St.  Denver, CO 80238  Main 303-388-8500