Root Hints.

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Feb 5 00:39:59 UTC 2008

> If a name server has absolutely no IPv6 connectivity, is there any
> reason to do this now?

	You are still going to get the AAAA records returned in the
	priming query.  With the roots actually returning AAAA's
	I'll be reviewing the check hints behaviour.

	Also cirumstances change.  It is better to just accept every
	change to the root hints than to try to workout later why
	something is broken.

	I've had bug reports, with private roots, where everthing
	worked up until the last root server in the hints file
	changed name.  Then every broke.  If they had just followed
	good management practices then nothing would have broken.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org