rndc

Binmakhashen, Latif Latif.Binmakhashen at omnicare.com
Sat Feb 2 20:43:25 UTC 2008

Hi again,

They are the same version?
Any comments on this please?

# rndc
Usage: rndc [-c config] [-s server] [-p port]
        [-k key-file ] [-y key] [-V] command

command is one of the following:

  reload        Reload configuration file and zones.
  reload zone [class [view]]
                Reload a single zone.
  refresh zone [class [view]]
                Schedule immediate maintenance for a zone.
  retransfer zone [class [view]]
                Retransfer a single zone without checking serial number.
  freeze zone [class [view]]
                Suspend updates to a dynamic zone.
  thaw zone [class [view]]
                Enable updates to a frozen dynamic zone and reload it.
  reconfig      Reload configuration file and new zones only.
  stats         Write server statistics to the statistics file.
  querylog      Toggle query logging.
  dumpdb [-all|-cache|-zones] [view ...]
                Dump cache(s) to the dump file (named_dump.db).
  stop          Save pending updates to master files and stop the
server.
  stop -p       Save pending updates to master files and stop the server
                reporting process id.
  halt          Stop the server without saving pending updates.
  halt -p       Stop the server without saving pending updates reporting
                process id.
  trace         Increment debugging level by one.
  trace level   Change the debugging level.
  notrace       Set debugging level to 0.
  flush         Flushes all of the server's caches.
  flush [view]  Flushes the server's cache for a view.
  flushname name [view]
                Flush the given name from the server's cache(s)
  status        Display status of the server.
  recursing     Dump the queries that are currently recursing
(named.recursing)
  *restart      Restart the server.

* == not yet implemented
Version: 9.3.2

#swlist -l product|grep bind
  ISCbind               9.3.2          ISC BIND 9.3.2