split view dns, with a shared dynamic zone?

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Tue Dec 30 19:36:13 UTC 2008

At Mon, 29 Dec 2008 20:51:26 -0800 (PST),
"Paul B. Henson" <henson at acm.org> wrote:

> Is there any way to configure a dynamic zone which is shared between both
> views, where an update from a box with an "internal" ip is seen by a query
> from a box with an "external" ip, and vice versa? Short of setting up a
> completely different DNS server and delegating the zone to it (which I'd
> rather not do, I'd really like to keep this on the same master/slaves as
> everything else) I can't think of a way to implement this.

Is your goal something like this?

- the server has an authority for a zone, e.g., "example.com".
- example.com is defined for both the internal and external views, and
  these views share the content of the example.com zone.
- any clients can make an update to example.com, whether their IP
  address is internal or external.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.