what versions of BIND and operating systems?

Jeremy C. Reed Jeremy_Reed at isc.org
Fri Dec 19 18:39:17 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am working on BIND documentation and want to make sure the lists of
operating systems used successfully with BIND are accurate.

If you are willing, please email me off-list by December 23, what BIND and
operating system versions you are successfully building and running BIND
on. If you are not using vanilla BIND, please also let me know.

Thanks!

Currently the README from 9.5.x and upcoming 9.6.0 has:

        We have recent reports from the user community that a supported
        version of BIND will build and run on the following systems:

                AIX 4.3, 5L
                CentOS 4, 4.5, 5
                Darwin 9.0.0d1/ARM
                Debian 4
                Fedora Core 5, 7
                FreeBSD 6.1
                HP-UX 11.23 PA
                MacOS X 10.4, 10.5
                Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, 5
                SCO OpenServer 5.0.6
                Slackware 9, 10
                SuSE 9, 10

And the README from 9.3.x and 9.4.x has:

        Additionally, we have unverified reports of success building
        previous versions of BIND 9 from users of the following systems:

                AIX 5L
                SuSE Linux 7.0
                Slackware Linux 7.x, 8.0
                Red Hat Linux 7.1