Stats collection script for BIND 9.5 (and greater?)

Alexander Gall gall at switch.ch
Mon Dec 15 16:18:21 UTC 2008

On Fri, 12 Dec 2008 17:12:21 +1100, Peter Yardley <petery at eng.uts.edu.au> said:

> I have written a script to collect data from the XML stats channel of a
> Bind 9.5+ DNS server. It works with Cricket and should work with MRTG
> and Cacti.

> You can get it here...

> http://members.iinet.com.au/~pyardley@ihug.com.au/

> in the projects section under 'Bind 9.5 DNS Stats', or this is the
> direct link...

> http://members.iinet.com.au/~pyardley@ihug.com.au/#%5B%5BBIND%209.5%20DNS%20Stats%5D%5D

This looks useful, thanks.  However, ISC has chosen to change some
tags in 9.6.0rc1 (nsstats -> nsstat, zonestats -> zonestat, resstats ->
resstat).  Unfortunately, they didn't bump the version of their XML
schema (it's still reported as 1.0 in the <isc> tag), so it's hard to
do right.  I hope this is going to be fixed in the final 9.6.0
release.

--
Alex