lots of AAAA query, why?

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Mon Dec 8 05:15:02 UTC 2008

In message <BLU149-W329FA87CAB9D329FD15DB685FD0 at phx.gbl>, MontyRee writes:

> Hello, all.
>
> I operated bind dns(9.x) when I see the query log, I can see like below.
> First query AAAA and query A  again.
>
> named[6252]: client xxx.xxx.xx.xx#50654: query: test.example.com IN AAAA +
> named[6252]: client xxx.xxx.xx.xx#50654: query: test.example.com IN A +
>
> As I know, AAAA is an ipv6 related query, but all my systems use ipv4 based.

	Apparently not.  The client libraries usually have determined
	that IPv6 *is* enabled to some extent if you are getting AAAA
	queries.

> So is there any way to disable  this AAAA query?

	This would be better asked in OS specific lists as it is the
	client libraries that are generating the queries.

	Alternatively you could actually start using IPv6.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org