check Availability before sending response

John Wobus jw354 at cornell.edu
Wed Dec 3 23:16:01 UTC 2008

3DNSs sold because this is a messy function, that needs to know details
of whichever application protocol
your setup uses.  I would think someone has developed an open-source
bind add-on to do it, but I don't
know any off-hand.

Given a specific simple situation and specific server failure modes to
be covered, there are probably a
million people who could write a script using normal unix tools to
carry out the function and load the
data into bind.