Finding the "missing XML library" on a Tru64 system

Server Admn ggs101 at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 27 22:14:23 UTC 2008

Hi,

I built BIND 9.5.0P2 on a Tru64 V5.1 system.  Everything's working fine.

However, when I added the statistics-channels statement to the conf file and restarted, I got this message:

statistics-channels specified but not effective due to missing XML library

I couldn't find libxml2 anywhere on my system, so I downloaded a kit from ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/ and built it.

Then I re-ran the BIND configure script and noticed that it still said:

checking for libxml2... no

Now I figured that the configure script wasn't looking in the right place, so I re-ran it with:

--with-libxml2=/usr/local/lib

since that's where the libxml2 make script put the libxml2.a file.  But that still got me:

checking for libxml2... no

Questions:

1. What file(s) is the BIND configure script looking for when it is "checking for libxml2"?  (Is it looking for libxml2.a?)

2. Is this the correct syntax for telling the BIND configure script where to look for the library?:
--with-libxml2=/usr/local/lib

3. Has anyone else gotten the statistics web page to work on a Tru64 5.1 system?  If so, where is your libxml2 located and where did you get it from?  (It's not installed with the O/S, does HP supply a downloadable kit?)

Thank you!
See what people are saying about Windows Live.  Check out featured posts.
http://www.windowslive.com/connect?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_connect2_082008From henders254 at gmail.com  Wed Aug 27 22:52:42 2008