bind 9.5.1b1(rndc.key) Problem

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Aug 26 22:56:58 UTC 2008

> On 22-Aug-2008, at 17:17 , iman wrote:
>
> > how can i fix this problem without deleting "keys { "rndckey"; }"
> > from  named.conf?
> > should i change my ./configure options for this or change some other
> > things after compile?
> > why bind get this error from named.conf?
> > any idea would be appreciated
>
> You're probably not including the actual key in your named.conf file.
>
> 'named' won't automatically read the rndc.key file -- that's for
> 'rndc' -- so you need to include that key in your named.conf file
> somehow.  I generally handle this by using an include statement in my
> named.conf file that looks like this:
>
> include "/path/to/rndc.key";
>
> HTH,
>    Matt

	Named will attempt to read /etc/rndc.key when there is no
	controls clause (to provide a default controls) or there
	is no keys clause on a controls entry (to allow a BIND 8
	named.conf to work).

	If there is a controls clause and the entries in controls
	have keys clauses the named won't read /etc/rndc.key.  It
	expects any keys to be in named.conf.

	The former is designed to be used with "rndc-confgen -a".
	The later is how things are configured if you just use
	"rndc-confgen" (no -a).

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, ISC