Question about listen-on statement

Michael Bernhardt MBernha at bart.gov
Mon Aug 25 22:54:32 UTC 2008

I'm seeking clarity on something. I am considering using a single server
(until we can buy a 2nd one) to serve 2 different domains in 2 separate
address spaces. This would work for me if I could specify that for
zone-a.com, the server only listens on interface eth0 and for zone-b.com,
the server only listens on interface eth1.

I haven't been able to tell from the docs if the listen-on statement can be
used in a view? Obviously there are other issues such as setting up routes
correctly, query-source interface, etc., but can this be done and is this
the best way to manage it? Am I missing something big?

Thanks in advance.