Windows Specific 9.5.0-P2

Evan Hunt Evan_Hunt at isc.org
Mon Aug 25 02:18:09 UTC 2008

> Anyone has information about the Windows Specific 9.5.0-P2 release? An
> indication of availability would be really helpful.
>
> Thanks in advance.

What happened is that the extra churn from the port randomization revealed
a pre-existing but heretofore unseen problem in our Windows socket code.
Fixing that bug revealed another one (and so on).  It's taken a while to
get the sweater knitted back together.

I heard earlier today that named.exe had been running under stress test
for some hours without a problem.  Testing is ongoing.  If we don't hit
any more showstoppers, the release should be soon--days, not weeks.

This is a very high priority for ISC engineering.

Evan Hunt -- evan_hunt at isc.org
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.