BIND 9.4.2P2 on Solaris 10 Sparc - do we have a problem?

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Fri Aug 22 21:07:49 UTC 2008

At Fri, 22 Aug 2008 16:53:56 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time),
Mike Diggins <diggins at mcmaster.ca> wrote:

> There have been numerous postings from people having problems with BIND
> 9.5.0x and Solaris 10 (too many open file descriptors). I see a few posts
> of similar problems with 9.4.2x and Solaris 10. I plan to upgrade my
> Solaris 10 SPARC, BIND 9.3.5P1 machines to 9.4.2-P2 next week. I'm a bit
> confused as to whether this is a Solaris 10 INTEL problem, or it affects
> SPARC as well. Am I going to run into this file descriptor problem?

As far as I know it's architecture independent.  If you see a 'too
many file descriptor' errors with the default installation parameters,
you may want to rebuild BIND9 with a larger FD_SETSIZE.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.