howto override a zone using views?

David Sparks dave at ca.sophos.com
Fri Aug 22 16:52:41 UTC 2008

Is there some way to do something like this:

view "internal" {
  match-clients { 10.0.0.0/8; };
  zone a file a ...
  zone b file b ...
  zone c file c ...
};

view "override-internal-a" {
  match-clients { 10.1.2.3; };
  zone a file d ... // only override zone a, zones b and c come from internal view
}

such that client 10.1.2.3 can lookup entries in zones b and c (through the
"internal" view)?  What I'm doing right now is cutnpaste view "internal" as
"override-internal" and then making the changes.  However this is duplicating
a lot of information.

It looks like I could do this by putting all the zones into a file and use
"include zones" inside each view statement.  This is not as clean a solution
as I was hoping for.

Thanks!