about bind9.4.3b2 performace

caowh at zhong-ying.com caowh at zhong-ying.com
Wed Aug 20 05:33:14 UTC 2008

But recently , i use a pc client as a dns client ,when i use nslookup to test dns ,about 20-25 percent of dns is timeout ;
     I want to you when i use chroot to start bind ,if i have performace influence ;and if the bind log "socket: too many open file descriptors" is the reason for the previous question ?
    Here is my ulimit output ,The os of my dns server is solaris 10.Here is my ulimit output ,
      core file size        (blocks, -c) unlimited
data seg size         (kbytes, -d) unlimited
file size             (blocks, -f) unlimited
open files                    (-n) 256
pipe size          (512 bytes, -p) 10
stack size            (kbytes, -s) 8192
cpu time             (seconds, -t) unlimited
max user processes            (-u) 29995
virtual memory        (kbytes, -v) unlimited

If i can increase the open files to 8192 to avoid the message of "too many open file descriptors"

Who can tell me how to find the reason of timeout ? I have beared it a lot of time ? Who can help me

2008-08-20