bind 9.3.5-P2 init.d script

Zeffie blist at zeffie.com
Thu Aug 21 07:03:29 UTC 2008

> Linux Addict - I have verified the chroot directory in
> /etc/sysconfig/named and still nothing but service named stop works
> find.  Also I even recompiled with ./configure --with-openssl && make &&
> make install nothing. I am completely bummed.  Again logs say nothing.
> Starting with named -g works fine. What do you think?

I don't think this is a very good way to build and install things...  but if
you must...

./configure --with-openssl --prefix=/usr

that will install everything in /usr instead of /usr/local...  that said

the init won't work because it has
[ -x /usr/sbin/named ] || exit 1
and you don't have /usr/sbin/named ...  you have /usr/local/sbin/named ..
so it exits...

it might also get a little cranky about the named.conf file as well..

--
Zeffie...
http://www.zeffie.com/