bind 9.3.5-P2 init.d script

ListAcc listacc at ocosa.com
Wed Aug 20 21:28:42 UTC 2008

Linux Addict wrote:
> ListAcc wrote:
>> Adam Tkac wrote:

>>> Hi,

>>> Did you check system log? Why exactly named won't start?
>>>
>>> Adam
>>>

>> Adam it does not say anything in /var/log/messages  also when I type
>> service named start nothing happens but when I type service named
>> stop it shows:
>> Stopping named:                                            [  OK  ]
>>
>> --Otis
>>

> Did you update the /etc/sysconfig/named with your chroot dir?
>
> Enabe the named script verbose #!/bin/bash -xv and check what
> variables are missing.

Linux Addict - I have verified the chroot directory in
/etc/sysconfig/named and still nothing but service named stop works
find.  Also I even recompiled with ./configure --with-openssl && make &&
make install nothing. I am completely bummed.  Again logs say nothing.
Starting with named -g works fine. What do you think?

--Otis