DNS query with no domain

Kevin Darcy kcd at chrysler.com
Tue Aug 19 00:35:03 UTC 2008

Do you understand what Matthew is proposing here?

You need to define and maintain a fake "mms" zone on *every* nameserver
instance to which these devices will be talking in order to resolve DNS.

Are you willing to do that?

If you're willing to swallow that bitter pill, then you have essentially
created a whole separate (albeit small) namespace that is independent of
whatever else your nameserver instances may resolve. No further
configuration is necessary, since you're not impacting any other
resolution besides that of "mms".

            - Kevin