DNS query with no domain

Prabhat Rana prana9533 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 18 18:47:36 UTC 2008

Hello all,
I have a requirement that the querying applications get the IP addresses when the query doesn't include a domain name. For example instead of http://mms.ora.com the clients will try to access http://mms
Now we have two DNS servers one (1) is which accepts the query requests from the client and the other (2) is one that is SOA to ora.com and receives queries from DNS 1 and responds with the IP address which DNS1 passes to the clients.
So my question is, is there anyway I can implement a forwarder for just mms in DNS 1 so that DNS 1 will forward any queries for mms to DNS2?
And is it possible to add entry for mms as a CNAME or any aliases, so that when the querying DNS1 sends a query for mms it knows what IP address to respond with?

thanks in Advance
Prabhat,