Ready to get feet wet with IPv6 - pointers/How-Tos?

Steve Snyder swsnyder at snydernet.net
Fri Aug 15 15:06:24 UTC 2008

Hello.

I administer an all-IPv4 network, but I'm ready to get up to speed on
supporting IPv6 services.

My DNS (BIND v9.3.4, on a RHEL 5.2 system) is authoritative for my
network and caches resolutions from the Internet at large.  The client
machines on my network are a mix of Linux, Win2K and WinXP machines,
and networked printers.  All the usual clients are configured with
static 192.168.0/24 IP addresses, but I also do DynDNS for the
occasional guest machine.

My minimum goal is to support caching resolution of IPv6 addresses.

Is there a IPv4-to-IPv6 How-To with an emphasis on DNS that is
recommended?

Thanks.