Problem with named of a network error or problem with the configuration on the interconnecting peers?

Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris) andris at aernet.ru
Thu Aug 14 11:23:45 UTC 2008

Hello Giannis,

Thu, 14 Aug 2008 04:03:50 +0300 Giannis Mantzouranis wrote:

> I would like to report a problem I have with bind which is occuring
> for at least one month. I get this message from the log files. Aug 14
> 00:49:10 pelops named[4248]: transfer of 'physics.upatras.gr/IN' from
> xxx .xxx.xxx.xx#53: failed while receiving responses: connection
> reset The proble occur for at least one month. I do not remember if
> that message appeared in the log files of my secondary dns before. To
> be more specific I have compiled and installed bind 9.5.0-P1 at 9 of
> July and bind 9.5.0-P2 at 2 of August. Since the problem seems to
> persist through the two installations I wonder if you have any clue
> or suggestion where to find or where the problem is.

I've tried to transfer your zone physics.upatras.gr from the
nic.upatras.gr using dig. My attempt was successful and the resulting
file size is about of 20.1 Kb transferred in 6 packets. I think that you
should try to understand whether your "pelops" server has the reliable
Internet connection or not.

I also recommend you to restrict the AXFR queries.

--

Yours sincerely,

Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris)     http://www.andris.name/