selecttest tool

Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris) andris at aernet.ru
Wed Aug 13 08:44:29 UTC 2008

Hi there,

Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:10:09 -0700 JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:

> I don't know the answer to this question, but your operational
> environment seems to be extraordinary in some points:
>
> - it's acting both as an authoritative and as a caching server

To Walter Gould: I think it's time to expand your operational
environment. Try to distribute the DNS-related tasks over two - or more,
if required - machines. Let the first server acts as auth-only server
for the zones you are in control of and the second as a cache engine
*only*. This configuration seems to be more flexible, reliable and also
secure.

--

Yours sincerely,

Andrey G. Sergeev (AKA Andris)     http://www.andris.name/