How to patch Fedora Core 2 Bind RPM?

Fajar A. Nugraha fajar at fajar.net
Wed Aug 13 03:07:27 UTC 2008

John Smith wrote:
> I have a Fedora Core 2 box
FC2 is unsupported. You should upgrade your OS to latest Fedora or
RHEL/Centos 5.2.

> that is running BIND 9.2.3-13 and I want to
> update to the latest patch due to the DNS issue. How can I upgrade my RPM
> install? Is there an RPM that is independent of the  Fedora OS?
> Or is it possible to compile and use the patch installed from source overtop
> my RPM?

If you're only interested in BIND upgrade, see
http://rhn.redhat.com/errata/RHSA-2008-0533.html
You SHOULD be able to use RHEL3/4 SRPM from
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/enterprise/ and rebuild it on FC2.

Regards,

Fajar