dnsperf and BIND memory consumption

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Tue Aug 12 02:31:13 UTC 2008

At Mon, 11 Aug 2008 16:04:32 -0400,
Vinny Abello <vinny at tellurian.com> wrote:

> > # gdb <path_to_named> <path_to_core>
> > (gdb) thread apply all bt full
>
> Let me know if you need everything that it returns. Most of it
> beyond the following seems like it doesn't give much of any
> information. Maybe this is because of the symbols not being found or
> I need to compile BIND in a different way.

The back trace doesn't make much sense to me.  Does named binary
really match the core file?  Also, you may want to do this first:

(gdb) info threads

I'd also like to see whether I can reproduce it on my machine?  May I
get the test query sample (along with other configurations, if any,
for named)?

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.