bind - 9.5.0-P1

Vidya Devi SS vidyadevi.ss at globaledgesoft.com
Mon Aug 11 14:23:56 UTC 2008

Hiiii all,

I am porting DNS server onto the target board,i used bind-9.5.0-p1 and
after cross compilin to arm,i got the named deamon and other tools like
dig,host and nslookup etc
i copied the named.conf and resolve.conf from my host PC,to the root
filesystem of the board(/etc)....
so when i ported "named daemon"  to the target board,its is not showing
any error
but when i give ps (process status) command in the minicom ,its not
showing any entries regarding dns,,,,,,,,
so i am not able to find out whether i need to modify .conf
files(named.conf and resolv.conf) and whether there is any problem with
the bind compilation

pls help

Thanks in advance
Vidya