Bind 9.5.0-P2 : views and DynDNS

mathieu.oudart at gmail.com mathieu.oudart at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 22:55:16 UTC 2008

Hi,
I am configuring a new DNS server and now it seems recommended to use
the "views" in named.conf.
So basically I created the "localhost" view and a "global" for all
others.

Both views are pretty much the same and use the same zone files. The
only differences is that localhost can use recursion and includes
named.rfc1912.zones.

My problem is that when I update dynamically a record (using
nsupdate), one view is updated but the other one is not !!

Where should I put my dyndns zone so that all views get the updates ?

Thanks for the help.