Issues with BIND 9.5.0-P2

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Fri Aug 8 18:38:21 UTC 2008

At Fri, 8 Aug 2008 12:48:18 +0800,
"Elias" <elias at streamyx.com> wrote:

> do you specify a sufficiently large value for max-cache-size? (maybe if you
> can post your named.conf that would be helpful)
> --> we've set :
>       max-cache-size 2500M;
>       recursive-clients 50000;

Okay, these should be sufficiently large.

> does the trouble keep happening, or is that something like a spike-type
> trouble (which then subsides)?
> --> it keeps happening, but the the rate differs, eg: sometimes the errors
> come out more slowly, sometimes much much faster

Can I see a sample of the log file to know how exactly
frequently it happens?  Also, according to this description of problem
I guess the server can resolve names while the errors don't come out.
Is that correct?

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.