BIND 9.5.0-P1 exiting due to assertion failure in rbtdb.c

Kai Lanz lanz at stanford.edu
Fri Aug 8 01:21:42 UTC 2008

On Aug 7, 2008, at 5:24 PM, JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 wrote:

> Thanks, some additional questions:
>
> - how often have you seen this?  Have you seen it multiple times?
> - especially if it repeats, does it happen if you build named
>   --disable-atomic?
> - also especially if it repeats, does it happen for 9.4 or only for
>   9.5?

It has happened 3 times since we switched to 9.5.0-P1 yesterday.

I haven't tried building with --disable-atomic; if you think that's
a possible fix, I'll give it a try.

We haven't tried 9.4, so I can't say if the same problem occurs in
that version. We specifically upgraded to 9.5 because of the
security advisory regarding the DNS protocol. (Previously we
were running Bind-8.)

--
Kai LanzFrom emery.rudolph at gmail.com  Fri Aug  8 02:24:24 2008