Query timeouts on FreeBSD 7 over network

Igor V. Ruzanov igorr at canmos.ru
Wed Aug 6 07:11:42 UTC 2008

On Tue, 5 Aug 2008, netcat wrote:

> In article <g79ch1$p0s$1 at sf1.isc.org>, igorr at canmos.ru says...
>> One of necessary options should be --enable-threads if you build BIND
>> under FreeBSD 7.0.
>
> I'm curious as to why? What has changed (AFAIK with 6.x, without threads
> was recommended)

As i know threads were recommended to disable in BIND-9.3.x in port
distribution in FreeBSD-5.x/6.x since SMP support was largely reworked in
these system's branches. SMP in relation of number of CPUs rather than
CPU with HTT feature. FreeBSD-7 has many improvements in direction to work
on systems with physical CPUs rather then logical ones. So BIND 9.4.2, for
example, works well enough on my system.

! CANMOS ISP Network                        !