Issues with BIND 9.5.0-P2

JINMEI Tatuya / 神明達哉 Jinmei_Tatuya at isc.org
Tue Aug 5 18:15:06 UTC 2008

At Tue, 5 Aug 2008 13:20:03 -0400,
"Emery Rudolph" <emery.rudolph at gmail.com> wrote:

> This is exactly what I did not want to hear. I have been using the 9.5.0-P1
> version was hoping the "too many file descriptors" error was going to be
> solved in the P2 distribution. Several ISC representatives promised as much.
> I really would like to hear more feedback from P2 users on Solaris 10 before
> moving forward.

The difficult part is to provide a reasonable parameter for
FD_SETSIZE/ ISC_SOCKET_FDSETSIZE, etc that work for everyone.  That's
why P2 doesn't try to change the system default by default.  Even
though I know even P2 should still have some scalability
limitation, I suspect the primary reason for this particular report is
the use of a small FD_SETSIZE value.  I understand your concern, but
I'd appreciate if you could still be a bit more patient to see what
actually happened.

---
JINMEI, Tatuya
Internet Systems Consortium, Inc.