BIND 9 - force secondary to update/refresh from primary

atomic at people.net.au atomic at people.net.au
Tue Aug 5 13:13:32 UTC 2008

We will be upgrading from BIND 8 to BIND 9 on Windows 2000 Server, the
plan is to upgrade the secondary name server first and do the primary
later (not on the same day).

After upgrading the secondary, we want to make sure zone transfer from
the primary (BIND 8) still works, so we will be making changes to a test
zone in the primary name server (i.e. incrementing the serial number).
Instead of waiting for it to happen, is it possible to force the
secondary to update/refresh the zone without using rndc?

TIA

Peter