Forwarding for authoritative domain.

Jeremy C. Reed Jeremy_Reed at isc.org
Mon Apr 28 20:51:51 UTC 2008

On Tue, 22 Apr 2008, Terpasaur wrote:

>     It seems that because both zones have the same domain name, there
> is
>     no way for the internal zone to query for the same domain name
>     externally while keeping the actual data totally separate and
> unique,
>     unless I make a super domain file with everything internal/
> external
>     included or make the internal domain name unique.
>
>     Am I misunderstanding BINDs' capabilities?.

Have a look at the $INCLUDE Directive in the ARM.
http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/arm94/Bv9ARM.ch06.html#id2591559

You could keep one master file containing all the shared entries.
Then for your two zones (internal and external) have the file point to
unique files that $INCLUDE that shared master file plus they have the
unique resources, like your custom disaster recovery in the internal zone
file and the mail business resources in the external zone.